Your Guide To Dental Implants
Our talented staff at Dove Dental Group is proud to offer dental implants to our patients in Springfield who are missing any teeth. If you have a missing tooth or any amount of missing teeth, talk to our office about how dental implants can help restore your teeth today!
Why Dental Implants and Are They Right for You?
Dental implants help reduce a number of problems that come with missing teeth—and unlike many tooth restorations, they actually benefit your jawbone to contribute to total oral health. Check out some of these benefits of implants:
- Dental implants replace your whole missing tooth, including the tooth root. They help restore your smile to increase esthetics and chewing function—making your smile both look great and chew better!
- Dental implants can stabilize your dentures. By attaching your denture to implants, you can dramatically improve the fit and function. No more having your teeth fall out during lunch or laughing!
- Hate your dentures? Dental implants can also replace your dentures. It’s possible to now have all your teeth replaced by dental implants and be done with your dentures forever.
- Dental implants can look and feel like the natural teeth you used to have!
- They are permanent! No worries about anything coming loose or falling out!
What Exactly Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant actually consists of 3 parts: the implant itself, an abutment, and a crown.
- The Implant Itself: The actual implant is usually made of titanium and takes the place of your tooth root. The implant is seated directly into your jawbone where the titanium fuses with your bone over time. Because of this, implants can last you a lifetime. Giving you the same function and convenience as a normal tooth.
- The Crown: The crown is the part of the implant set that you actually see when you smile.
- The Abutment: The abutment is simply the piece that ties the implant and the crown together.
How Much Do Implants Cost?
Most people think that dental implants cost more than they actually do. Due to advancement in technology, the cost has been reduced significantly over the years.
In our office, we believe that the quality of life that a proper dental implant provides should be available to everyone. That is why you can now get a permanent dental implant for the same price, if not less than, a bridge! And unlike a bridge, you will never have to worry about grinding down other teeth over time.
We offer the dental implant, plus abutment and crown starting at $1999. Our in-office specialist will be glad to assist you with arranging special financing (often at 0%) for any cost out of pocket that you may incur.
Call Now For More Information: 417-866-7647
What Is The Implant Process Like And Does It Hurt?
Below is a general outline of what to expect as you begin the process of getting your implant. Please note that every case is different.
Your Implant Exam
We will use x-rays and a clinical exam to make sure you have enough bone for the implant.
Models Of Your Teeth
For more complex cases, impressions will be taken to create a guide for the placement of your implant.
In the case where you do not have enough bone, we can sometimes do a bone graft. This means we add bone to make sure you have enough for the implant to fit correctly and stabilize properly.
Placement Of Your Implant
During this surgical visit, precision guided channels are created. Your implant will be placed and covered with tissue for 2–6 months. The process usually uses a local anesthetic and possibly a sedative to keep you comfortable.
A healing cap will then be placed to help ensure your tissue will have the proper contour to make your crown look as natural as possible.
Permanent Crown Cemented
When your doctor has determined enough time has passed for your implant to fuse properly, your abutment will be installed and your permanent crown cemented.
What About All in One Day?
In most cases, it is best to do your implant in a two-step process. This gives your implant time to fuse to your jawbone giving you the best chance of having a solid long lasting implant.
Dental Implants Can Restore Your Oral Health and Your Smile in Springfield
For a long-lasting tooth restoration that feels and functions just like a natural tooth, call Dove Dental Group in Springfield to learn more about how dental implants can help your smile.
Call Now For More Information: 417-866-7647